Saturday, June 26, 2010

Week 29 - squash, spa and sauced

BABY
Your baby is growing rapidly now. This week he weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is getting bigger to accommodate hisgrowing brain — which is busy developing billions of neurons. 


MOM
This week is starting off well. Baby is moving A LOT. The time of day is random, but usually occurs in the early morning and late at night with a random 'dance party' in the middle of the day. The movement seems to coincide with meals and or sugary snacks. The doctor has us recording the babies movements, well, the amount of time it takes to feel 10 movements, once Baby gets going, it never takes longer than 5-6 minutes. I hope this hyperactivity is no indication of life outside the womb...


I recently gave up Diet Mt. Dew (again) because I was having serious heartburn and DMD was the only thing acidic that I had been comsuming. Since I have cut it out and been better about eating a less, more frequently, the heartburn has gone away. I am thankful for that as walking around all day feeling like my throat was afire, was unpleasant.


Since we have successfully made it to the third trimester, I decided to treat myself to a pre-natal spa morning. It was AMAZING. I visited the Sanctuary SalonSpa in Eden Prairie for a massage and facial. 
What a treat! 






DAD
Matt has been busy with extra-curriculars. Softball on Monday, lawn bowling on Tuesday and left Sims and I behind on Thursday to travel to Milwaukee via Madison for some golf and the debauchery that is the Jimmy Buffett concert tonight at Alpine Valley. From the texts I have already received, they are having a great time! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment